Orinda Junk Removal and Hauling Services
Household and business trash removal in Orinda, California falls under the purvey of the Central Contra Costa Solid Waste Authority (dba RecycleSmart). RecycleSmart contracts with Republic Services for residential and commercial garbage, recycling and organics collection, transfer and disposal.
Regular Curbside Trash Services
Like many municipal trash collection services, RecycleSmart asks customers in Orinda to sort trash by color-coded bin for weekly pickup:
- Green: The bin for all organic materials such as yard trimmings, grass clippings, leaves, fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meat, seafood (including bones and shells), and food-soiled paper. Customers are asked to place organic materials in compostable or paper bags only, or no bag at all.
- Businesses are further required to separate all food waste from yard and garden trimmings in separate dumpsters or bins.
- Blue: The bin for all recyclable materials, including mixed plastics, glass, metal, and paper. In responses to changes in the global recycling market, RecycleSmart asks Orinda customers to adhere to the following process when disposing of recyclable materials:
- Empty: Remove and remaining food or liquid contents from your recyclable item before placing it in a recycling container
- Clean: Lightly rinse the recyclable item to remove an remaining residue
- Dry: Gently shake out the excess water or let the recyclable item air dry before placing it in a recycling container
- Black: The bin for all remaining items that must go to the landfill. Such items could include plastic utensils, packing peanuts, juice pouches, chip bags, snack wrappers, broken dishware, styrofoam, food trays or containers, diapers, or pet waste.
Extra Recyclable and Organic Materials Pickups
Orinda customers living in single-family homes can contact RecycleSmart to schedule up to four additional recyclable or organic material pick-ups per year at no additional cost. However, there are limits on these pickups such as:
- Maximum of 2 cubic yards of waste (equivalent to fourteen 32-gallon trash bags).
- All recyclables must be empty, clean, and dry.
- Break cardboard into bundles.
- Paper should be sorted in paper bags, boxes, or bundles.
- Branches must not exceed 2″ in diameter and bundles of yard waste should be no larger than 2′ wide by 4′ long.
- Loose yard clippings such as leaves or grass must be sorted in paper landscape bags, cardboard boxes, or compostable bags.
- No garbage, ashes, dirt, rocks, glass, metal, fruit, vegetables, or fibrous plants such as palm leaves permitted.
Extra Trash and Junk Pickups
Similarly, Orinda customers living in single-family homes can contact RecycleSmart to schedule up to one additional general trash pickup per year at no additional cost. Guidelines for these curbside pickups include:
- Maximum of fourteen 32-gallon trash bags or equivalent items.
- No single item may exceed 50lbs or 4′ in length.
- No hazardous materials, tires, furniture, or large appliances permitted.
When to Consider a Professional Junk Removal Company
Regular weekly curbside pickups and even the extra annual pickups are sometimes not enough for Orinda customers. When moving, remodeling, or simply reorganizing a home, a lot of added junk and waste may be generated.
In these cases, contact EZ Junk Hauling to request a free site visit and quote for removal of your junk. We prioritize reuse and/or recycling of as much of the junk we pick up as possible. With over two decades of experience in Orinda and the East Bay, EZ Junk Hauling works with a variety of recycling centers and donation services in the region.
Our staff consists of trained pros, our prices our fair, and our service is fast and efficient. Click the button today to schedule a site visit and get a quote for your junk removal needs at zero cost!Get a Free Quote