E-Waste Disposal

Electronic waste, more commonly known as e-waste, is a common sight in most homes these days. With many people upgrading smartphones and tablets every one to two years, the typical home can accumulate quite the junk pile of e-waste. These are just the smaller items. When you factor in larger electronics like television sets, computers, and printers, it’s easy to understand how East Bay homeowners and businesses might need the assistance of a professional junk removal company like EZ Junk Hauling.

Placing electronics that still function into the garbage runs the risk of chemical spilling into the container and eventually into the environment. Besides helping customers get rid of unwanted electronic clutter, one of our goals at EZ Junk Hauling is to keep these items out of landfills. We work hard to to donate, recycle, or properly dispose of every electronics item we pick up from our customers.

Request a Free Quote


Items We Accept for Pick-Up

The following is a list of the most common items that our junk haulers remove from customer homes and businesses:

  • Computers
  • Computer monitors
  • Copy machines
  • CD players
  • DVD players
  • Mobile phones
  • Printers
  • Shredders
  • Smartphones
  • Tablets
  • Televisions
  • VCRs
  • Video consoles and games

However, don’t worry if you don’t see your specific e-waste item on this list. If your item doesn’t contain hazardous waste, there’s a good change we can pick it up and repurpose it for you.

E-Waste Can Provide Multiple Resources When Recycled

According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), e-waste produces more raw recyclable material than any other type of household item. A one-ton circuit board, for example, contains at least 40 and as much as 800 times more gold than one metric ton of iron ore. It also contains 40 times the copper. Check out these other e-waste facts provided by the EPA:

  • Every year, Americans throw out phones that could provide gold and silver for recycling valued at more than $60 billion dollars.
  • If one million people recycled their laptops instead of throwing them away, it would save enough energy to power 3,700 homes annually.
  • For every million cell phones recycled, Americans collectively receive the benefit of 33 pounds of palladium, 75 pounds of gold, 7,700 pounds of silver, and 35,000 pounds of copper.
  • The EPA estimates than only 12 percent of recyclable material goes to recycling plants while the other 88 percent goes in the trash or sits around homes and businesses.

Options to Get Rid of Your Unwanted Electronics

If you have an item like a smartphone or computer still in good working order, you may be able to get money for it from a reseller. Keep in mind that the reseller may pay less than what you could sell it for yourself since the company still needs to make a profit on your item. However, it’s a better chance of a guaranteed sale than placing an ad or trying to sell the item at a garage sale.

You might also consider contacting charities yourself to see if any could use your e-waste. This would require you to deliver the items yourself, potentially to several organizations. Since EZ Junk Hauling partners with several charities, it would be easier to work with us to get all your electronics delivered at once.

Are you ready to take back your basement? Contact us today for a free estimate.